Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society – SFIS
for the eco-sustainable transition of Italian SMEs and micro SMEs
SUSTAINABLE FASHION INNOVATION SOCIETY is an apolitical non-profit association, founded in Rome and registered with the Revenue Agency, Territorial Office of Rome 2, with role number 22402.
We care about the great problems of the world of work and economics, politics and justice, information, ethics, bioethics and equal opportunities.
Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society arises from the need to:
- enhance fashion and Made in Italy
- promote the sustainability of the production process
- facilitate the innovation of the connected supply chain
- increase the circular economy
- spread respect for the planet
- promote the protection of the seas
- increase consumer awareness
The Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society is a strongly active player in the dissemination of the culture of sustainabilitỳ in every field and declination, be it ethical, civil, industrial, energy, agricultural or food.
We support fashion and design SMEs in their delicate eco-sustainable transition path
MADE IN ITALY AND ECO-SUSTAINABLE TRANSITION
Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society is an attentive observer of the craftsmanship of “Made in Italy”, unparalleled and recognized worldwide, also currently confronting the unprecedented complex situation in rapid evolution and transformation.
Historically, the main disruptive factors in these highly creative and traditional contexts were: generational change and globalization. These rupture factors are currently being replaced by:
Factors such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, blockchain, industrial digitization, CRISPR, luxury up-cycling. These are just some of the inevitable factors in the immediate future.
Consumers today expect an authentic commitment from brands to ethical and environmental values, not only as a brand narrative, but also as an integral part of the brand’s DNA. And this is why the ethical-environmental factor is mandatory to keep “digital-first” customers on the frontier of digital land-grab.
Changes in geopolitics have given way to higher tariffs, on-shoring, automated micro factories and the general revisitation of trade.
Producers and Made in Italy brands that will NOT renew themselves will be disrupted in the short term by one of the aforementioned paradigm shifts.
Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society was created to connect the actors of fashion sustainability in a large global network, a think-tank that involves several nations with the same goal: growth towards eco-sustainable policies.
The mission of Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society is to support SMEs, Italian micro SMEs, artisans and startups of fashion and design in the transformation of their supply chain to Green, introducing one or more elements for the sustainable innovation of this segment but also for supporting brands that intend to convert their supply chain to sustainability, both of the process and of the product, by adopting more responsible production formulas that comply with the SDGs, the sustainable development goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda. In this regard, the fashion industry has also been urged to reckon with its responsibilities.
TOGETHER WE CAN
Encourage the use of innovative materials
- investing in technology and research, it is possible to activate the virtuosity of the circular economy and avoid the use of raw materials that contain PVC, azo dyes, formaldehyde and heavy metals, substances that are harmful to both the environment and humans.
Reduce the environmental impact of the fashion sector
- fashion is the second most polluting industry in the world after oil (data: World Economic Forum).
Reduce global energy consumption
- fashion consumes more than air and sea transport added together (data: ONU).
Reduce polluting gas emissions
- fashion is responsible for 10% of global greenhouse gas (CO2) emissions every year.
Reduce your water consumption
- fashion contributes to the dissipation of 20% of the total water resources used in various working phases (dyeing, printing, finishing and of course also to maintain cotton plantations). We remember in fact that fashion starts from agriculture and ends with communication: investing in technology and research, it is possible to activate the virtuosity of the circular economy and avoid the use of raw materials that contain PVC, azo dyes, formaldehyde and heavy metals, substances that are harmful both to the environment and to humans.
Sustainable Fashion Innovation Society:
Our 3 eco-sustainable transition goals
GOAL 1: PRODUCT = REDUCTION OF WASTE
Companies developing new materials and packaging models able to reduce waste.
Reuse and resale
Companies enabling the reuse of consumer goods and packaging through new business models and digital solutions.
Companies aiming to reduce waste and emissions through new approaches to recycling and inventory management.
GOAL 2: PROCESS = REDUCTION OF EMISSIONS
Companies developing solutions able to minimize energy and water consumption.
Companies that use sustainable ingredients and manufacturing processes for food and beauty products.
GOAL 3: HUMAN FACTOR = INCREASE IN AWARENESS
Transparency and traceability
Companies developing supply chain visibility solutions that enable retailers and brands to communicate more effectively internally and with consumers.